Greeters TeamThe Greeters Team is a component of the Member & Guest Relations department at Solid Rock. This department is responsible for unifying and coordinating several related teams to function as a single "personal touch" unit that serves the needs of members and guests of Solid Rock Church. Solid Rock Greeters are a warm and enthusiastic team, called by God to demonstrate the unconditional love of Jesus to our members and guests through a warm greeting, personal interaction, and attention to details.
Solid Rock Greeters are our first impression and extension of welcome to our church. This team greets our members and guests starting at the parking lot and into the church building. Greeters provide a friendly and warm family welcome to all who enter our doors.
“Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.” Romans 15:7
“And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.” Matthew 5:47-48
Greeters Team Structure and Responsibilities
- Excel at first impressions with a welcoming presence in the church parking lot, entrances, and the foyer.
- Those on duty should arrive at least 15 minutes before service for assignments
- Seek out 15-30 second conversations that achieve a personal connection
- Make a mental or actual note about info gathered for future contacts
- If possible, personally hand off to the welcome center or an usher
- Be attentive to any special needs or information mentioned when greeting
- Try to do something with that information before they leave, for example:
- New in Town > Provide information about our community
- From the Bronx > Connect with someone also from the Bronx
- Career of Hobby > Connect with someone in similar career (magnet group)
- Prayer Request or other expressed need (communicate to intercessors)